Tuesday, 24 June 2014

BREAKFAST AT A BOOK SHOP


This is no ordinary book shop and they don't sell fancy books, magazines, or coffees. No delicious looking muffins or biscuits in fact almost every time I visit I am welcomed by peace and solitude and a place to sit and ponder. Though today there was a very friendly chap whistling a merry tune doing his best to interest me in various folk cd's, did I like folk music, I really ought to give it a try.  Then off he went tending the wonderful flora & fauna and left me to wander.


My favourite book shop is in a church. A church with the most glorious grounds, you can browse the second-hand wares and then stop for a minute or two outside on a bench and take in the the sights and sounds of the countryside around. 


I have been several times lately needing some space to think, still feeling rather lost and spinning round without any idea whats next. Its daunting and it zaps the energy from me...a plan is needed Without it there is pointless wandering about the place doing nothing and achieving nowt. There are deadlines looming and lots to be done but the switch ain't clicking.


There is a worry that it it is the early signs of depression sneaking back but it doesn't feel a dark place just one thats not decided. Oddly physically feeling better than I have in an age, strange times when everything is a bit of a muddle.

So with a breakfast stashed in my bag, a bit of clickerty clack on my favourite bench pondering and knitting. Nothing fancy just a plain and simple dishcloth, a bit of a morning meditation mumbling away to myself & Margaret who is buried next to the bench and has the most fabulous overgrown wild floral grave...


I did have a spark of an idea though, one that could mean an awful lots of work but would fit in with my third book snug as a bug but one that would mean totally rebranding and moving on from everything that has been to a new look return to my roots kind of plan....I am hoping that its the direction I need. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh it all sounds grand to me. Can't wait to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachelle. What a beautiful place for a morning meditation and a 'bit of a think'. Good luck with your spark of an idea.....hope it takes you in an exciting new direction! I will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachelle, what a beautiful place to spend some quiet time and feed the soul. Do they have services in the church too or is it now only the book store.
    I hope your ideas germinate and your direction becomes clear with the energy and mojo to carry through with it. So looking forward to your book 2. When does it come out?
    Keep well, love and blessings, Trills.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes I think we just have to honor these moments, which you did! probably to create the space for a new piece of inspiration to emerge, and take a well needed breather. Sound like the seeds have been sown! Good luck, Heather X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather sums up my thoughts completely. Sometimes we just have to "be" and let the creativity find it's own way. Not easy, at all, I know only too well. I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet Margaret's heard quite a lot over the years, new ideas, new ventures....exciting. Keep breathing deeply, and hold on.....you've come a long way :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are very wise, just letting the inspiration come to you.
    You can't force it, that's the annoying thing!
    All the very best x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachelle, trust what you feel inside. Take care Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL THAT YOU DO . FROM SUNNY SIDMOUTH

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to be sitting near you, knitting. In silence. Your idea sounds exciting. I love change and usually thrive on it. I hope your idea works. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  12. sparks of ideas to start new chapters is so good for the soul..... I love placing full stops every now and again...taking a step back before skipping rather giddily forward..... enjoy the journey lovely lady xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I'm a newcomer, having spotted your (very sensible) comment over on Nina's blog. I love your photos and that bookshop sounds wonderful.
    I've always had a bit of a secret leaning towards folk music, no idea why. It's not something I mention very often.
    Anyway, nice to meet you.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...